Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 03:35:00 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Whats In A Name??
« previous next »
: [1]
: Whats In A Name??  ( 2339 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 01, 2009, 06:52:31 AM »

Although they want to change the name of "Swine Flu" I don't think its going to happen.  I have heard the name they want to call it several times and for the life of me, can never remember it, so as far as I, and most everybody else is concerned about, is "Swine Flu."

Talked with my daughter last night, who is out in Oregon this week and flying home Saturday.  One of the first things Maryann and I asked her was what precautions was she going to take regarding the "Swine Flu?"  She said she was buying a box of disinfectant wipes and had also been told that she should put some "neosporin", (The stuff you put on cuts) around her nose as that would help prevent the bacteria from entering her body.  The wipes she will use where ever other people may have touched.  I actually wouldn't be surprised if the airlines don't provide masks, since airplanes just keep circulating the same air and her flight will be something like an 8 hour flight.  It appears that anyone who has contacted the "Swine Flu" has been in Mexico recently.

Anybody with flu like symptoms should definitely see their doctor, although a crowded doctor's office might also be a good place to catch "The Swine Flu," or whatever they decide to call it.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: