Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 09:42:06 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Brent Urie, Age 45, Succumbs To Cancer In Cambridge
« previous next »
: [1]
: Brent Urie, Age 45, Succumbs To Cancer In Cambridge  ( 2594 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 01, 2009, 12:40:56 PM »

Cambridge – Brent E. Urie, 45, passed away Thursday afternoon, April 30, 2009 at his home surrounded by his loving family and friends, following a courageous battle with cancer. Brent was born on August 21, 1963 in Burlington, the son of Ralph and Hazel ( Eldridge) Urie. He graduated from Lamoille Union High School in 1981 and was a member of Cambridge Rescue for 15 years. Brent had a great love of the land. From the time he was able to sit on his father’s lap on the tractor, he worked side by side as a team with his Dad, on the family “Ring O’Hills Farm”. He was always happiest working on his tractors and farm equipment, working the land, and was the first in the area to implement several new farming techniques. He loved his family and had many close friends especially in the farming community. He always found time to lend a hand to neighbors, and anyone in need. He even enjoyed sharing a joke or two. In addition to his parents, Ralph and Hazel Urie, of Cambridge, he is survived by the love of his life Lori (Wells) Goodyear of Jeffersonville, her daughters Morgan and “Bud” Erica, sisters Annie Cook and her husband Maurice of Fletcher, Donna Safford and husband Scott of Jeffersonville, niece Heather Safford of Broomfield, CO., his faithful companion and 4 wheeler buddy Max and his cat Izzy. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions in Brent’s name may be made to either the Lamoille Area Cancer Network, c/o Mary Hoisington, P.O. Box 38, Lake Elmore, VT 05657 or to Cambridge Rescue Squad Inc., P.O. Box 431, Jeffersonville, VT 05464. . Brent’s family would like to thank Dr. Julie Olin, the staff at Copley Hospital, and Lamoille Home Health & Hospice for the wonderful care he received over the last two years. We would especially like to thank everyone who made it possible for Brent to spend his final days at home. Friends are welcome to share memories of Brent on Sunday May 3rd, 2009 at the family farm, located at 291 Urie Road in N. Cambridge, from 1 – 5pm. There will be no funeral service Online condolences may be made to the family at www.minorfh.com Directions from RT 15 in Cambridge, at the wrong way bridge, turn onto Pumpkin Harbor Rd, right onto N. Cambridge Road, right onto Urie Road or by calling 849-6046 .

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: