Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 04:40:40 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  High Speed Internet - Tough Battle For Fairpoint
« previous next »
: [1]
: High Speed Internet - Tough Battle For Fairpoint  ( 3075 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 07, 2009, 07:36:46 AM »

There have been some problems here in Fairfax for Fairpoint to locate High Speed Internet Equipment and in today's Burlington Free Press there is a story about more problems for them in Essex Town.  Its extremely important that we get high speed internet access to a high percentage of homes here in Vermont.  Many people work from home, while others communicate to their work from home part time.  It is one way Vermont can keep some of its high paying jobs here in the state.  If anyone is aware of an installation going on here in Fairfax that I can take a photo of, let me know.

You can read what some of the neighbors of the Bixby Hill Road proposed Fairpoint Installation are saying down in Essex Town by clicking on the following link:

Henry Raymond
JoeT
: 100

« #1 : May 07, 2009, 07:54:41 AM »

My understanding from talking to folks (all unofficial, of course) is the contractors who were rolling out Fairpoint's wireless broadband services have been pretty scarce since the end of last year... in other words, nothing's happening!

I look at the tower at the phone building in Fairfax almost every day to see if anything's going on... nothing has happened since last fall!

Joe
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : May 07, 2009, 08:05:34 AM »

Unofficial here also Joe, That tower is apparently going nowhere due to complaints of neighbor (s) in Main Hill.  In the selectboard minutes a while back they requested putting one on Town land at The Fire Station, on the Fletcher Road and in North Fairfax.  I believe at the present time they are checking out the viability of putting the one at the fire station and according to an unofficial source again, are checking to see if one will work there for them.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: