Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 16, 2024, 10:30:18 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  The Hot Dog Lady Is Still Going Strong At 86 Years Old
« previous next »
: [1]
: The Hot Dog Lady Is Still Going Strong At 86 Years Old  ( 3186 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 08, 2009, 08:21:38 AM »

Lois Bodoky, supposedly retired in 2006 at the age of 83, however if you go into Costco's you will see this meticulously dressed older woman with a real high hairdo giving out food samples.  At the age of 83, she had spent 36 years with her "Hot Dog Cart" on Church Street in Burlington, so if you happen to go up and down Church Street, during that time, you may have even seen her.  I found this file photo taken in 2004 when she received an award for her "Hot Dog Business" that I have posted below:

The article below was written in 2006 when she retired:

Familiar Face Missing from Church Street
Burlington, Vermont - June 16, 2006
Church Street has dozens of restaurants. But for 36 years there was only one Hot Dog Lady. Church Street changed over the decades, but one thing stayed the same. Lois Bodoky was there with her steaming hot dogs. But this week, Lois turned over her mustard bottles to a new hot dog lady.
"We miss the lady that was there before," says Guy LaClair.
Over the past 36 years, Lois has become a Church Street celebrity, so it's only natural people are asking where is she? 83-year-old Lois sold the business she first tried 36 years ago.
"I said to my husband, 'I'm going to put a hot dog cart on Church Street.' My husband said, 'You've done some crazy things in your life, but this is the craziest,'" she recalls.
It may have been crazy, but Lois made it a success.
"Hard work and loving people. And I haven't met many people who don't love a hot dog," she laughs.
For 36 years, the Hot Dog Lady was known for her hair and her horn-rimmed glasses.
"I like that look. They're called cat eyes," she says.
But now there's a new Hot Dog Lady. Annette Johnson has a new look and a new legacy to create.
"It's something I've wanted to do for a long time, since I was a kid. So here I am being the new hot dog lady. Can't fill her shoes, but here I am and I'm having a great time doing it," says Annette.
A great time Lois had for 36 years.
"There's only one hotdog lady and that's it," says Annette.
Kate Duffy - Channel 3 News

Henry Raymond
Suzy
: 429

« #1 : May 08, 2009, 11:18:08 AM »

WOW!  Go Lois!
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : May 08, 2009, 11:35:30 AM »

They have just put a plaque up on Church Street for her according to this noon's news:

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: