Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 06:37:34 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Pete & Madonne Rainville's Barn Rising From The Ashes
« previous next »
: [1]
: Pete & Madonne Rainville's Barn Rising From The Ashes  ( 3124 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 05, 2009, 11:33:39 AM »

Brad Meunier and his crew of 3 helpers started building Pete & Madonne Rainville's barn a couple weeks ago.  This crew does little talking, but sure are organized in how they work. 

The last time I took a photo from this spot, the old barn was all ablaze with lots of fire trucks and equipment

One of Brad's helpers, shown above, goes to Florida every winter and works down there.  He came back a month earlier this year as he says there is no work in Florida.  Building is at a stand still.  Lots aren't selling.  He said they would have been better to leave that development land in Orange Groves.  At least they would have gotten something out of it.  He is shown above working with his grandson who graduated from High School last year.  His grandson has been laid off from his job working in the woods, so started working this week as Brad's 4th helper on the job.

Meanwhile, this is the other barn that Brad and two of his helpers are working on.

Amazing, this small crew only started this a couple weeks ago

Brad and his two helpers never missed a beat as I asked him, "When do you think you will be done?"
"A couple weeks," he said.  This crew works like a well oiled machine.  Maryann and I had the pleasure of having Brad and his crew work for us several years ago when we converted our garage into a handicapped room for Maryann and added a handicapped entrance and new garage.

I'll be back over in a week or so, otherwise they will be done and gone on to their next job.

Henry Raymond
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : June 05, 2009, 11:28:59 PM »

Amazing colors!

Blue and Green!

Nice pictures.
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #2 : June 05, 2009, 11:30:18 PM »

Also,

Those are some nice glulams!