Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 04:58:15 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 6/22/09 and Blog- Ransomville Report
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 6/22/09 and Blog- Ransomville Report  ( 3928 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : June 21, 2009, 10:32:03 PM »

Picture of the Day June 22, 2009

Thrashing to get the car ready for the A-Main.

RANSOMVILLE RACE REPORT
Posted for Monday June 22nd..........................

A lot of race teams had problems Friday night at Ransomville.
Jeff Cook broke something in the drive train and went to a back-up car.
Anthony was battling Steve Poirier and Tommy Wickham in the heat when he suddenly slowed. The gears on the rear end broke.

As you can see, there are some teeth misssing on these gears. A lot of teeth.
The gears were replaced, the rest of the rear end housing checked, and Anthony and the car were taken to be pushed off to make sure all was OK. It wasn't. Anthony could feel a vibration.

This is the drive shaft. It's supposed to be straight.
A new one was put in and Anthony was back under way.
After Anthony had dropped out in the heat, Poirier and Wickhan were still battling, and Poirier spun, and backed it into the wall. He had to go to a back-up car for the A-main.
The A-main was a wild one. The F37 spun and flipped coming out of turn 4.
I was keeping an eye on the 17J of Lance Yonge. He parks next to us and is point leader. On one restart, Jason Barney was 1st, Chuck Hebing was 2nd, and Lance was third. I was watching Lance make a move under Hebing in turn 3. Hebing went wide, kept going, hit the guardrail, and flipped up and out of the track into the trees. He was OK, but the car was wedged between two trees. They had to wait until all the night's races were done before they pulled it out.
Lance, meanwhile, had a front end break later in the race. Anthony was out back, but kept moving up in positions because of the cars falling out.
Finally, Anthony went into turn 1 and spun, but gassed it, doing a 360 and kept going. I was sitting in the pit stands and some of the people there applauded his efforts. He stayed on the lead lap and finished 12th. Come to find out, he had a broken shock mount on the left rear, making the car hard to handle in the turns.

The Pie and Ice Cream Social is Sunday. The 10-day weather forecast is calling for scattered thundershowers. Sigh. We will have it, rain or shine, inside or out.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Suzy
: 429

« #1 : June 22, 2009, 08:22:30 AM »

What time is pie on Sunday?
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : June 22, 2009, 08:31:39 AM »

7 p.m. - What kind are you bringing??

Henry Raymond
: [1]