Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 10:30:44 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  PRIME RIB NIGHT AT STEEPLE MARKET
« previous next »
: [1]
: PRIME RIB NIGHT AT STEEPLE MARKET  ( 2544 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 27, 2005, 05:11:20 PM »

THURSDAY NIGHT IS PRIME RIB NIGHT AT STEEPLE MARKET

Around 1 p.m. each Thursday afternoon, young Jason Piaseczny of Westford, an employee of Steeple Market in Fairfax prepares for the prime rib take outs for Thursday evenings meal. Jason, who admits to not being a chef told me that Pierre, a co-owner of The Steeple Market and chef trained him, and if you have tasted some of Jason's prime rib, he was certainly trained quite well.

The vegetables are placed on the bottom of the roasting pan to be cooked in the aujus liquid and the huge boneless prime ribs are seasoned with salt, pepper thyme and garlic powder. They will be placed bottom side up at a high temperature for about fifteen minutes, then turned over and cooked about an hour and a half in the huge pizza oven. This makes them cooked rare. Individual preference as to doneness will be adjusted for the customers by placing the cut portions in the hot aujus liquid.

It is now 5:15 p.m. and the prime rib is ready. I was there to pick up my King Cut to share with Maryann. I had called ahead to get an end cut as if you do the math, there are only four end cuts and your chances of getting one if you don't reserve it are slim to none. The Queen Cut is $9.95 and the King Cut is $11.95.

Top that off with a big spoon full of mashed potatoes, some brocolli and aujus gravy and Maryann and I sit at our own kitchen table eating a meal fit for a king. Nice job Jason.

Meanwhile there are other things going on as the Pizza oven is full of Pizzas. The young man taking care of the pizza oven told me that they are sold out of prime rib within two hours each Thursday night and tonight they have a lot of orders for Pizza in addition to the prime rib, because there are still a lot of residents in the area without power.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: