Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 12:59:07 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 7/14/09 and Blog- Davey Allison
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 7/14/09 and Blog- Davey Allison  ( 2619 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : July 13, 2009, 10:09:31 PM »

Picture of the Day July 14, 2009

Unsettled clouds Sunday afternoon. A big black cloud surrounded by blue sky. Strange. Seeing that a lot lately.

DAVEY ALLISON
Posted for Tuesday July 14th..........................

Made my daily trip to jayski.com, and it was mentioned that 16 years ago Monday we lost Davey Allison. He was injured a couple days previously in a helicopter accident.
When I was a young kid, my favorite race car driver was Bobby Allison. Won a lot of races but Richard Petty won the championships. Allison used to come up and race at Catamount Stadium once in a great while.
When his boy Davey came along, I just sort of gravitated to him.
Davey's death hit me hard. I always looked to see how he did after every race and celebrated all his wins.
They did a tribute to him at Talledega, and then Bobby's brother/Davey's uncle, Donnie Allison drove Davey's #28 out onto the track.
I sat on the couch and bawled my eyes out.
Although I did follow drivers since then, I never really had a favorite driver where I was celebrating whenever they won. But looking back, I kinda did, but finally decided he is now my favorite driver, in the same way Davey was.
Tony Stewart.
He's a real racer, will race any kind of race car, anywhere.
I collect diecasts, and I have his USAC midget car, his Indy car, his #44 Shell Busch car, and his #20 Home Depot car all on a shelf. I need to go to Toys 'R' Us and get the new car to add to my collection. He's got a couple of wins, he's staying consistant, and he's leading the points.
It just makes me wonder what Davey could have accomplished had he not had the accident.
« : July 13, 2009, 10:17:51 PM MikeF9 »

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: