Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 04:12:40 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Wonder If This Law Applies To Vermont Also
« previous next »
: [1]
: Wonder If This Law Applies To Vermont Also  ( 4197 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 14, 2009, 12:37:24 PM »

Police arrested a Wells man on a drunk driving charge July 6 after a homeowner reported the man was mowing a lawn with a riding lawnmower without consent.

Two officers went to the residence where they arrested Michael Goode, 57, of 388 Lindsey Road, on two Class C felony charges: operating under the influence with three prior arrests and operating after license revoked as a habitual offender.

“Believe it or not, if you are operating a riding lawnmower it is considered a motor vehicle under state statue,” Wells Police Lt. Gerald Congdon said.

You can read the whole article if you wish by clicking on the following link:

Henry Raymond
MikeF9
: 1994

« #1 : July 14, 2009, 08:32:06 PM »

I seem to remember country singer George Jones being arrested in that same manner. He lost his license because of a DUI. He wanted to go to the bar, I believe he had already got a start on happy hour, and got mad because he couldn't drive his car, so he grabbed his riding lawnmower and headed out. Police stopped him and arrested him for drunk driving, on his riding mower.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
dearon
: 233

« #2 : July 15, 2009, 12:22:07 PM »

It appears the problems was he rode the riding mower down the road not the fact he was mowing the lawn while drunk.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: