Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 05:59:02 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  LOUISE MCARDLE REMEMBERED
« previous next »
: [1]
: LOUISE MCARDLE REMEMBERED  ( 2977 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 02, 2005, 07:46:36 AM »

The photo below was provided by our local library and Sharon Horr tells me this was not Louise's favorite photo of herself, however, the only one I am aware of that was available.  Louise left money to the Fairfax Historical Society and our Local Library as well as to the United Church.  The money left to the United Church was used to purchase a new organ and there will be a grand celebration on November 11, 2005.  I suspect that most students who attended BFA Fairfax had Louise McArdle as a teacher sometime during their school years, but for those of you who may not have known her, below is her photo along with the obituary that appeared at the time of her death:

FAIRFAX-Marie Louise (Wright) McArdle, age 95, a longtime resident of Main Street, Fairfax, passed away late Friday evening, July 7, 2000, in the Northwestern Medical Center in St. Albans. Born in Stowe, Vt. on March 7, 1905, she was the daughter of the late Stephen H. and Dora (Vaughn) Wright. She was the widow of Charles H. McArdle, who predeceased her on June 8, 1977.  Louise was a graduate of Southern Seminary in Buena Vista, Va., and the University of Vermont. She taught elementary school for thirty-five years, thirty of which were at Bellows Free Academy in Fairfax. Louise was a member of the United Church of Fairfax and served as a church board member for over twenty years. She was a trustee for the Fairfax Community Library for twenty- eight years and was a library volunteer for seven years. Mrs. McArdle was a charter member of the Fairfax Historical Society and custodian of the museum for twenty years. She was also a 4-H leader for ten years and a member of the Retired Teachers Association and AARP. Louise enjoyed gardening, both in her vegetable and flower gardens.  She was also an avid reader.  She is survived by several nieces and nephews. There will be no visiting hours. A funeral service will be held on Tuesday July 11, 2000, at 2 p.m. in the United Church of Fairfax with the Reverend Elizabeth Griffin officiating.  Interment will follow in the family lot in saint Luke Cemetery; Fairfax.  Memorial contributions may be made to the Baptist Building Restoration Fund, c/o Wayne Sweet, treasurer, 44 Sweet/Slattery Road, East Fairfield, VT 05448, or Fairfax Rescue Squad, Inc., PO Box 228, Fairfax, VT 05454.  Arrangements are by the Hayes-Rich Funeral Home, 1176 Main Street, Fairfax

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: