Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 06:03:02 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  TIME TO THINK ABOUT THE TURKEYS
« previous next »
: [1]
: TIME TO THINK ABOUT THE TURKEYS  ( 2743 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 06, 2005, 07:29:55 PM »

Donny Gross is doing just a little bit more than thinking about turkeys:

The above photo was taken a little after 10 a.m. this past Saturday. Donny and three others started slaughtering the turkeys around 7 a.m. and a little over three hours later, 23 good sized turkey were oven ready.

Now back in the mid 1940s, I raised turkeys and I can tell you that if I had done this job, it would have been a 23 day job.  The gentleman on the right in green is the one that slaughtered the turkeys and there is a special skill to it so that they release the pin feathers.

I used to use vice grips and pick them dry, completely different than these experts did.

Now no matter how easy these guys made it sound, you most likely will find me pawing through the frozen turkeys down at Hannafords again this year.

A special thanks to Donny for letting me stop in and take a few pictures -- And I thank God he didn't ask me to help.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: