Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:54:24 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Margo Rome's Pictures from Petersberg, AK and La Conte Glacier
« previous next »
: [1]
: Margo Rome's Pictures from Petersberg, AK and La Conte Glacier  ( 4516 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : August 02, 2009, 08:50:48 AM »

Saturday August 1st
Good morning Mike,
I am in Petersberg AK until tomorrow. Petersberg is a working fishing town with a couple of VERY large canneries.  Later this morning, I am going on a 6-seat seaplane for a tour over a glacier. Tomorrow I leave heading north on the Inner Passage. More later...
Margo
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

Later Saturday...........
Hi Mike,
Pictures from a 7-seat (including the pilot) sea plane.
Margo
P.S. Still no luggage!

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
trussell
: 870

« #1 : August 02, 2009, 02:33:46 PM »

Mike (Raburn)- THIS is what Alaska is supposed to look like, not the green leafy photos that YOU post....

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : August 02, 2009, 05:07:18 PM »

I sure hope Margo gets a picture of those Eskimos and their igloos - I know they are up there somewhere or else my teacher was lying to me - I have to admit, these are a little more like the photos of Alaska I have heard about.

Henry Raymond
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #3 : August 10, 2009, 05:39:26 PM »

I just saw this topic.

Why would I venture to go see ice when I have to deal with it for 6 months out of the year?????

On 7/11 we took a little road trip just from Anchorage to Palmer to Hatcher's Pass and home via Wasilla.

http://s685.photobucket.com/albums/vv211/mikeraburn/Day%20Trips/?albumview=grid

Wednesday I am taking a trip South to go fishing. I'll get some pics there but it WILL NOT be around any glaciers.
I want 70F and sunny!
« : August 10, 2009, 06:51:03 PM Henry »
cassyt
: 84

« #4 : August 10, 2009, 06:16:34 PM »

hey I heard on radio today the Eskimos were wearing flip- flops
: [1]  
« previous next »
: