Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 11:26:29 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Gilles & Elke Rainville Open Their Farm Stand On Route 104a
« previous next »
: [1]
: Gilles & Elke Rainville Open Their Farm Stand On Route 104a  ( 3810 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 12, 2009, 02:17:27 PM »

Gilles & Elke opened their farm stand yesterday on Route 104A.  They have sweet corn, green, yellow & purple string beans, cucumbers, romaine lettuce and other items - It looks like their biggest seller is Gilles excellent sweet corn, picked fresh right behind the farm stand several times a day.

Henry Raymond
Formerflatlander
: 67

« #1 : August 12, 2009, 04:34:27 PM »

Did Gilles put a roof over the wagon?  This isn't going to turn into a big box store is it?  I know where I will be stopping on my way to or from work until the last ear is picked. 
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : August 13, 2009, 07:49:01 AM »

I am wondering why Purple Vegetables.  Elke told me that the purple string beans they have turn green when you cook them and JoAnne was telling me last year that the purple potatoes that she gave me will lose their purple color also unless you do something to them (forgot).  Gilles had me taste one of the raw purple string beans and they taste just like the others.

God must have had some reason for creating purple veggies.

Henry Raymond
dearon
: 233

« #3 : August 13, 2009, 09:01:53 PM »

For the purple potatoes, add vinegar, to keep the color.  I grew purple peppers a few years ago and didn't like the taste.  I like a pepper to taste like a pepper and I thought they tasted weird, can't quite describe the flavor.
« : August 13, 2009, 09:08:12 PM Henry »
: [1]  
« previous next »
: