Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 09:23:59 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Grace Family Of Fairfax Among Hero Nominees
« previous next »
: [1]
: Grace Family Of Fairfax Among Hero Nominees  ( 2386 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 14, 2009, 07:17:26 AM »

United Way announces hero nominees

For the eighth year, the United Way of Chittenden County will honor volunteers at its annual LIVE UNITED breakfast next month.

There are 69 "hometown hero" nominations, honoring 323 individuals and 13 businesses that have more than 3,277 combined hours of service annually in Chittenden County.

The winners will be announced at the breakfast Sept. 3, at the Sheraton Burlington Hotel and Conference Center in South Burlington.

• Nominees in the group category are: Dragonheart Vermont and Therapy Dogs of Vermont throughout Chittenden County; the Green Mountain Derby Dames; Blake Hoberman and Forest Doraj-Keys; and the Campus Kitchen at UVM from Burlington; Strong Living Leaders from Essex; Celebrating Seniors of Colchester; the Hinesburg 4-H Club: The Midnight Riders; the United Church of Underhill Volunteer Cooks; Lucy Samara (South Burlington) and Gail Anderson (Shelburne); Sue Deacon and Susan Blanton; and the Grace family of Fairfax.

Winners from each category will be selected by a panel of volunteer judges from the community. The agency served by each winner will receive a donation of $1,000 thanks to a grant from Citizen's Bank. Each winner will receive a special "Hero Bear," compliments of Vermont Teddy Bear and a pair of tickets, compliments of the Flynn Center for the Performing Arts.

The celebration breakfast also kicks off the United Way of Chittenden County's annual Community Fundraising Campaign. The public is invited to attend, and the cost is $15. Reservations for the awards and kick-off event can be made by calling 860-1677, ext. 822. Seating is limited and reservations must be made by Aug. 19.

For more information about United Way of Chittenden County and the Volunteer Center, visit www .unitedwaycc.org, call 860-1677 or e-mail volctr@unitedwaycc.org.

Not sure what the nomination was for, but the family has appeared on this forum before:

« : August 14, 2009, 07:23:56 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: