Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:28:19 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Marvin Says Tomatoes Are Mighty Scarce
« previous next »
: [1]
: Marvin Says Tomatoes Are Mighty Scarce  ( 2757 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 14, 2009, 11:41:19 AM »

Stopped by Marvins Gardens to see if Marvin had any tomatoes.  He usually gets them from up in Canada before native ones are ready.  He tells me they are having a problem finding them.  When he does get some, people spot them and try to buy all he has, but he says he has had to refuse them.  He did pick a few green ones a while back and they ended up ripening, and he sold them immediately.  I would be interested in hearing if anyone finds any local tomatoes.  If you see them in some local vegetable stands, they sometimes try to pass them off as their own.

Henry Raymond
Jason Elledge
: 31

« #1 : August 14, 2009, 12:41:52 PM »

This year we decided to double our tomato plants from 20 to 40 in about 10 varieties.  Picked a bad year to do that.  Pulled up 6 plants yesterday because the blight was so bad.  Getting some tomatoes now but most are still green and the blight has spread to all so my yield will be limited.  The only variety the blight has not affected so far are the tomatillos.  The hot, dry weekend should speed up the ripening.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: