Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 12:14:46 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  FAIRFAX 05454 READY FOR THE HOLIDAYS
« previous next »
: [1]
: FAIRFAX 05454 READY FOR THE HOLIDAYS  ( 3646 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 22, 2005, 09:07:34 AM »

Dan Richard (Postmaster), Rebecca Gomez (Clerk), Chris Bessette (Rural Carrier), Barb Murphy (Clerk) and JoAnne Wilkins(Rural Carrier) are all smiles as they enter the Christmas Season.  Diane Parent (Rural Carrier) was unavailable for the photo.

Although I only live a couple miles from the Fairfax Post Office, my mail comes through the Cambridge Post Office and just a short ways from me on the Wilkins Road, they get their mail from East Fairfield.

This group of postal workers is very familiar to me, because in reality, I do live in the town of Fairfax, so much mail is forwarded to me.  They are a great group and you are always greeted with a friendly smile.

By the way, just a little reminder, one month from today will be the Thursday before Christmas.

The Annual Fairfax Community Christmas Concert will be held at the BFA Gym, Sunday, December 4, 2005 at 2 p.m.

The Chorus and Fairfax-Fletcher-Westford Band will sing and play seasonal favorites.

Santa will also make an appearance and refreshments will be served.

The admission is free -- What a great way to get yourself into the Christmas Spirit.

If you would like more information about the concert, call 849-6760.

Henry Raymond
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : November 24, 2005, 12:03:09 AM »

Where did Chet and the carmels go???
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : November 27, 2005, 08:12:44 AM »

Hi All,

Up in the Fairfax Historical Society Museum, we have the front window of the old post office that Mike Raburn talks about that Chan Cooley who passed away in 1994 always used to pass out candy to the youngsters when they came to the post office.

This past summer I received a gift from a friend of ours that was up from Massachusetts.  It was one of the post office boxes from the old Fairfax Post Office that had been converted into a bank which included the original combination.  These post office boxes were purchased at an auction in Massachusetts and truly make a unique bank.

My friend asked me if I had a particular box number, but since my mail goes to Cambridge, I had never had a post office box at the Fairfax Post Office.  Below are a couple of photos of the converted banks:

The box that the actual front sits in is made fromhardwood flooring, I believe and inside the actual post office boxes there are some actual Fairfax Names written in.

A view from the top shows where you can drop your coins/bills in your bank.

I thought it was indeed a unique gift even though I never had a post office box here at 05454.

By the way for those of you that don't remember the front of the old post office where Chan Cooley handed out so many pieces of candy, here is a photo which you can also see in person at the Fairfax Historical Society:

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: