Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 07:30:39 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  LENA E. (BARKYOUMB) LAVERDURE PASSES AWAY
« previous next »
: [1]
: LENA E. (BARKYOUMB) LAVERDURE PASSES AWAY  ( 2255 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 11, 2005, 09:00:59 AM »

LENA E. (BARKYOUMB) LAVERDURE BOYNTON BEACH, Fla./ FAIRFAX — Lena Emma (Barkyoumb) Laverdure, 91, of Boynton Beach, passed away on Dec. 8, 2005. Lena was born in Fairfax on Dec. 13, 1913, daughter of the late Edward and Clara (Drinkwine) Barkyoumb. She was united in marriage to Roma E. Laverdure on Dec. 29, 1934, in Milton. Roma predeceased her on Feb. 23, 1998. She resided in Fairfax and St. Albans most of her life before moving to Wilmington, N.C. and later on to Boynton Beach. She was an excellent card player and was a member of a local Bridge and Pinochle club. Lena loved shopping, social gatherings with her many friends, was constantly on the go, and always looked forward to her relaxing manicures and pedicures. She will be greatly missed by all those who had the true pleasure to know and love her. She is survived by one son, Richard J. Laverdure and wife Christine of Boynton Beach; two brothers, Reginald Barkyoumb and wife Joyce of Fairfax, and Gordon Barkyoumb and wife Ramona of Hopkinton, Mass.; three grandsons all of Wilmington, Richard J. Laverdure Jr. anf wife Clarice, Gary E. Laverdure and wife Leighann, Bruce D. Laverdure and wife Angela; five great-grandchildren also of Wilmington, Jonathan, Brittany and Deven, Katie and Austin; one stepgreat-granddaughter, ClaeAna Mannino of Boynton Beach; sisters-in-law; brothers-in-law; and many nieces and nephews. She was also predeceased by three brothers, Bill Barkyoumb, Edward Berthiaume, and Walter Barkyoumb; three sisters, Eva Kosla, Helen Gaboury, and Florence Magnan. Visiting hours will be held Tuesday, Dec. 13, from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at A. W. Rich Funeral Home, Fairfax Chapel. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Wednesday, Dec. 14, at 11 a.m. in St. Luke Church, Fairfax. Interment will be in the family lot in St. Luke's Cemetery in the spring at the convenience of the family. Friends who wish may forward on-line condolences by visiting http://www.awrichfuneralhome.com. Arrangements are by John D. Workman, A. W. Rich Funeral Home, Fairfax Chapel, 1176 Main St., Fairfax.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: