Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 20, 2024, 07:29:09 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Guiding Light - The End Of An Era
« previous next »
: [1]
: Guiding Light - The End Of An Era  ( 2972 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 14, 2009, 09:15:02 AM »

Watched 60 Minutes last night and they had a segment on the Soap Opera, Guiding Light and its 72 year history coming to an end.  I remember Maryann and my mother talking about the characters like they were family.  In this day and age, most women are also working outside the home to help support the family along with maintaining the household, so they don't really need this connection with the outside world like the Old Time Housewives did.  60 Minutes said that the Soaps were at their peak in the 70s, however the ratings have dropped significantly since then, thus the lost of Guiding Light.  The last show is Friday Afternoon, September 18, 2009.

Henry Raymond
Suzy
: 429

« #1 : September 14, 2009, 01:53:49 PM »

I know quite a few male farmers from Fairfax who used to watch the soaps after lunch!  ;D  Suzy
mirjo
: 785

« #2 : September 15, 2009, 06:21:58 AM »

Many men watch soaps, but don't admit it!

I still can't believe CBS cancelled this show.

It's the one soap I have watched for many years. :-(

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
: [1]  
« previous next »
: