Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:20:27 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fall Photos From JoAnne
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fall Photos From JoAnne  ( 5121 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 22, 2009, 04:58:04 PM »

Hi Henry,

Todays pictures:

This morning's sunrise.  (Heard about this sunrise Jo, but wasn't up to see it.)

My pumpkin crop from my small patch.

I am still getting tomatoes fairly regularly.

Blackbirds are beginning to flock together on the utility lines.

Thanks Jo - Great Photos as usual.

Henry Raymond
Sue W.
: 167

« #1 : September 22, 2009, 07:15:23 PM »

Amazing photos!  Thanks for sharing.  I tried to get one of the sunrise but  didn't do it justice.  I was unusal and gorgeous.
ASDuling
: 75

« #2 : September 23, 2009, 05:46:41 AM »

That was an amazing sunrise! You really did capture the glowing sky well.
Thanks for the photos!
edakrupp

« #3 : September 23, 2009, 08:45:55 AM »

FYI When birds gather together in the Fall right before their migration its called 'Rafting' probably because once they are in flight they look like a huge raft floating in the air.
Suzy
: 429

« #4 : September 23, 2009, 10:45:20 AM »

Thanks for sharing the photos and the information about "rafting."  That's really interesting, I had never heard about rafting, but have certainly seen a lot of it going on here lately!  Gorgeous photos! 
Sooz
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #5 : September 23, 2009, 05:04:34 PM »

it is quite possible that those  black birds are starlings.  They like to gather in crowds, clatter together in trees, and then descend on a field looking for food.  I have watched them blacken a dead elm on the edge of the road with their presence, and filling the air with an assortment of chirps and whistles --a real cacophony of bird talk.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: