Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 02:36:08 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Lawrence Dezotelle's Father Mike Dezotelle Passes Away
« previous next »
: [1]
: Lawrence Dezotelle's Father Mike Dezotelle Passes Away  ( 2772 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 09, 2009, 06:16:46 AM »

MYRON H. "MIKE" DEZOTELLE

EAST RICHFORD / FAIRFAX - Myron H. "Mike" Dezotelle, age 91, passed away at the home of his son in Fairfax on Wednesday morning, Oct. 7, 2009. He was born on Feb. 27, 1918, in Belvidere, Vt., the son of the late Henry and Lottie (Thomas) Dezotelle. Mike joined the U.S. Army in November of 1942. He was a medic and a member of Merrill Marauders during World War II. He received several decorations and citations including a Good Conduct Medal, Presidential Unit Citation, American Theater Campaign Ribbon, and Asiatic Pacific Theater Ribbon with a Bronze Service Star. He received his honorable discharge in October of 1945. He was employed at Blue Seals Feeds in Richford for many years retiring in 1977. He was a life member of the American Legion Post #12 of Richford. He is survived by his son and his wife, Lawrence and Gail Dezotelle of Fairfax; his grandchildren, Lorinda Taylor, Mike and Wendy Dezotelle, Scott Dezotelle, Trina and Harvey Draper, Angie and Steve Tracy, and Georgette and Daniel Safford; great-grandchildren, Ralphie, Samantha, Kristtina, Corey, Michael, Dakota, Tyler, Dustin, Ryan, Jordan, Tenika, Elizabeth, Randy and Nicole; and several nieces and nephews. Besides his parents, Mike was predeceased by his wife Bessie (Waterhouse) Dezotelle in 1969. He was also predeceased by 12 brothers and two sisters. Funeral services will be held on Tuesday, Oct. 13, 2009, at 12 p.m. in the Spears Funeral Home, 96 Dickinson Ave., Enosburg Falls, with Pastor Heidi Reinker officiating. Interment will follow in the Richford Center Cemetery. A time of visitation will be held at the funeral home on Tuesday from 10 a.m. until the hour of the funeral. For those who wish, contributions in Myron's memory may be made to American Legion Post #12, 35 River St., Richford, VT 05476. Condolences may be sent to Myron's family online through www.spearsfuneralhome.com .

Henry Raymond
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #1 : October 09, 2009, 01:20:15 PM »

I had the privilege of visiting Mike many times when I was a pastor in Richford.  He was a quiet, unassuming man who had done challenging things during the War.  I always enjoyed visiting with him and hearing about his life.  He was interested to find out that my father in law helped build the Burma Road ( we have the terrifying pictures of the road, the trucks, the steep cliffs and mud) because it was the Merrill's Marauders who opened up the track so the road could be built. May he rest in peace.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: