Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 18, 2024, 09:06:04 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Time To Look For The Scraper
« previous next »
: [1]
: Time To Look For The Scraper  ( 3443 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 18, 2009, 08:54:12 AM »

Well, its that time a year.  Looked out the window earlier this morning and saw that two of my daughters cars were white with frost.  Fortunately nobody had to go anywhere and now around 9:30 a.m. the frost has all melted.

Lynn & youngest grandson from Bellow Falls and Sharon from Hampton, NH are up to celebrate their Mom's birthday.  They along with Mary Kay and my sister Theresa were here for supper last night.  As you get older, you get to choose your own Birthday Cake.  Maryann's choice was one of Marion Eastman's Chocolate Cream Pies.  Marion sells her pies up at Minors, however, if you want a Chocolate Cream Pie, or some other specific pie, just let them know and they will order if for you and they come in on Thursdays.

At the last Senior Dinner, for Desert, Maryann had a piece of the Chocolate Cream pie.  Right then and there, she knew what she wanted for her birthday cake.  No candle, but we sang Happy Birthday anyhow.  Maryann's Birthday isn't until tomorrow, so we celebrated it just a bit early.

Henry Raymond
bnelli6
: 22

« #1 : October 18, 2009, 10:42:26 AM »

Happy Birthday Maryann
mirjo
: 785

« #2 : October 19, 2009, 03:37:27 AM »

That was a far better story than your headline said it would be....Happy Birthday Maryann! It's hard to beat a good Chocolate cream pie, unless it's maple cream--does Marion Eastman make maple cream pies by any chance???

As for the frost: It's still soft enough at this time of year that a bank card works fine (I have't located my scraper yet!) However am considering a moratorium on going anywhere this winter once the temp stays below 40! :-)

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #3 : October 19, 2009, 06:59:22 AM »

Happy Birthday, Maryann.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
: [1]