Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 04:40:54 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 11/24/09 and Blog- Kidney Update
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 11/24/09 and Blog- Kidney Update  ( 4447 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : November 24, 2009, 12:20:04 AM »

Tuesday November 24, 2009
Picture of the Day

Jeff Cook is interviewed for Hot Wings TV at Mohawk raceway earlier this year.

KIDNEY UPDATE
I saw the kidney doctor today. The bloodwork shows that I am stable at this time. My kidneys are working at about 17%, which is about where they were three months ago.
I have decided that when I go on dialysis(which I am hoping isn't for some time), I will go with the hemodialysis, which means going to St. Albans three times a week. If that is the case, I need to have a fistula put in my arm to allow for better bloodflow. This is where they hook and artery and a vein together. I will be meeting with a surgeon next month to have one done.
One thing the doctor mentioned, that it might be Murphy's Law. I get a fistula, stay healthy enough to stay off dialysis, and then a kidney comes along. Fine by me.
One other thing I have going, is that I only have the Polysystic disease, not a combination of things that can deteriorate the kidney faster, like diabetes, or taking loads of medicine, etc. I will see him in four months.
I just need to hang in there.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
slpott
: 457

« #1 : November 24, 2009, 07:41:28 AM »

Mike:
I know you do not know who I am but I just wanted to throw out there that I know you do not drive because I see you walking all the time and wanted to throw this out there. I would be more than happy to take you up there occassionally for your treatment. I bet you could get a little handy list going real easy with your neighbors in town. Please know that you can call upon me anytime and I would be more than happy to help. Good luck and I will keep you in my thoughts.
MikeF9
: 1994

« #2 : November 24, 2009, 09:05:52 AM »

Thanks. I think I DO know who you are.
I also have talked to Larry Leach, who drives for the Framklin County Shuttle service. They transport patients to NWMC for dialysis, and I believe the cost is covered by Medicare.
They don't let dialysis patients drive to and from treatments, but I am sure I will be able to find a way out there.
Thanks again.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #3 : November 24, 2009, 09:38:15 AM »

Mike,  You might want to look into how the cost is covered for the shuttle - Not sure you would be covered by medicare, unless you are on medicare - Not sure who you would contact, I will try to remember to ask Sharon Patterson the next time she is here and see if she knows who you would contact in regards to that.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: