Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 10:19:39 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Dave Shover's Father Passes Away
« previous next »
: [1]
: Dave Shover's Father Passes Away  ( 1766 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 05, 2009, 08:45:05 AM »

SHERMAN C. SHOVER

SOUTH BURLINGTON - Sherman C. Shover, 87, of So. Burlington, passed away on Friday, Dec. 4, 2009, after a short illness. He was born on Sept. 16, 1922, the son of the late Charles and Lydia (Barber) Shover of Richford. Sherman was a World War II Veteran having served with the US Army. During his enlistment he served on the USAT President Coolidge at the time of its sinking on October 26, 1942. Sherman worked for Gulf Oil Company as a truck driver and retired from Grand Union after 35 years. He was a lifetime member of the VFW Post 782, the St. John's Club, and the Eagles Club 793. Sherman was an avid golfer, bowler, and loved to go out dancing. He is survived by his wife Jean Bedard Rock Shover of So. Burlington; four children, James Shover and wife Claudia of Lakeland, Fla., Sandra Dvorak and husband Charles of Amenia, N.Y., Tim Shover of So. Burlington, David Shover and wife Barbara of Fairfax; two stepsons, George Bedard of So. Burlington and Gregory Bedard of Burlington; his sisters Janice of Williamston, S.C. and Joyce of Richford; his brothers Rollin of St. Albans and Carlton of Bradenton, Fla.; two sistersin-law, Mrs. Maurice Shover of Bristol, Conn., and Yvonne Shover of Williston. Sherman is also survived by his Aunt Eleanor of Richford, and by numerous grandchildren, great-grandchildren, nieces and nephews. In lieu of flowers, contributions in Sherman's memory may be made to the Alzheimer's Association of Vermont, 300 Cornerstone Dr. Williston, VT 05495. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Monday, Dec. 7, 2009 at 10 a.m. in the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception Church with burial to follow in Ft. Ethan Allen Cemetery. Visiting hours will be held on Sunday from 3 to 6 p.m. at the Ready Funeral & Cremation Service South Chapel, 261 Shelburne Rd. Burlington. To send online condolences to the family please visit http://www.funeralplan2.com/readyfuneral/.
« : December 05, 2009, 08:51:39 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: