Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:03:40 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Pictures of the Day 1/23/10 and Blog- Odds and Ends
« previous next »
: [1]
: Pictures of the Day 1/23/10 and Blog- Odds and Ends  ( 3159 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : January 22, 2010, 11:11:35 PM »

Saturday January 23, 2010
Pictures of the Day

Signs at the old Country Pantry, now THE VERMONT BREAKFAST COMPANY

ODDS AND ENDS

First up, my wrist is doing better. I will be going back to work on Wednesday, and I will not rush to do the job as quickly as I used to. I will try not to use the wrist/arm anymore than possible. I will talk more about my operation and what went on at a later time.

Fairfax Historical Society meeting Saturday at 1pm in the Community Library.

Picked a heck of a time to take time off from work. I watched a lot of coverage of the earthquake in Haiti, then watched as California was hammered by severe storms. I will touch on those subjects later on.

I am thankful we weren't dumped on by snow while I was laid up.

I'm going to miss my afternoon naps when I have to go back to work.

I want to thank everyone for the comments concerning the old pictures I have been posting. I went into some of the scans I had made years ago when I had my own site that I updated daily. I knew I had some new "viewers" here on Henry's site, so I started posting the old Catamount Stadium pictures. After that, I decided to do the old Fairfax pictures. And there were a lot of them. And since there wasn't much to talk about, I put just the pictures up. And there was nothing new to take pictures of except snow. And after the operation, it was alot easier to just post pictures. I am glad everyone enjoyed them.
The scary part is the pictures of the old fire staion and the iron bridge. They were less than 25 years ago. But newer people in town never saw them.
Scarier still, 20 years ago was 1990. The "new" fire staion was put up 20 years ago. The new elementary end was put up 21 years ago. The current bridge over the Lamoille River was 23 years ago.
Time flies.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: