Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:22:19 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Mark Kane's Father Passes Away At Age 79
« previous next »
: [1]
: Mark Kane's Father Passes Away At Age 79  ( 2464 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 16, 2010, 11:03:40 PM »

Robert Arnold Kane, 79 passed away February 15, 2010 with his loving family by his side following a long illness. Robert was born in Burlington on April 13, 1930 son of the late Walter and Beatrice (Graham) Kane. He attended Cathedral High School and served his country as a veteran of the Korean War while enlisted in the U.S. Army. He was retired from IBM in 1992.

Robert will be missed by all those who knew and loved him. He will be remembered for his enduring love for his wife Joan and his entire family, his enjoyment of family gatherings, his ability to make people laugh and his passion for hunting, fishing and camping.

Robert is survived by his loving Wife Joan (Vansleet) Kane of Burlington; Five sons: Robert Kane Jr. and wife Nancy of Kansas; Scott Kane and wife Cheryl of Maryland; Timothy Kane and Kathy Devoid of Burlington; Mark Kane and wife Janipher of Fairfax; Jeffrey Kane and Jillian Arnold of Essex; Three Daughters: Joni Whitehouse and husband Leonard of Burlington; Susan Faucett and husband Jeff of Maryland; Cindy Trombly and husband Dale of South Burlington; And his beloved Fifteen grandchildren and one great grandchild; A brother John Kane and wife Shelia of Florida; Two sisters: Margaret Meunier of Burlington; Elizabeth “Betty” Johnson of Massachusetts.

Robert was also predeceased by his daughter Lori, a brother Walter Kane and and a sister Anne Hassette.

A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Thursday February 18, 2010 at 11:00 AM in St. Marks Church, Burlington with the Reverend William Giroux officiating. A celebration of his life will follow immediately afterwards. Inurnment will be at the convenience of the family.

Memorial contributions may be made to Birchwood Terrace Nursing Home attn: Special Care Unit 43 Starr Farm Road Burlington, Vermont 05408. The family is being assisted by Direct Cremation Services of the A.W. Rich Funeral Home 57 Main St. Essex Jct., VT 05452. The family invites you to share your online condolences by visiting www.awrichfuneralhomes.com.

The family would like to thank Dr. Frank Landry and all the staff at the Birchwood Alzheimer’s unit for their loving care and support of Robert.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: