Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:30:01 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Looking For Your Comments On Today's Town Meeting
« previous next »
: [1]
: Looking For Your Comments On Today's Town Meeting  ( 6501 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 27, 2010, 08:18:22 AM »

Like a number of you, I will be down at Town Meeting most of the day.  Bring your Town Report so you can record what happened in the different discussions, then do a little posting when you get home.  Remember, it is not important who said what, but what was said.  Have a great day and see you down at BFA Elementary Gym starting at 10 a.m.  As you go in, if you are a registered voter, Jim & Lena Meunier will be there to check you in so you can vote on the items being voted on today.

Henry Raymond
trussell
: 870

« #1 : February 27, 2010, 08:21:23 AM »

And if anyone goes to the Fletcher Town Meeting, I'd like to hear Special Ed's tirade! :)

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
roadkill
: 80

« #2 : February 27, 2010, 09:24:22 AM »

Lets just hope we don't see a lot of cop cars headed that way. I really hope you get your money back Special Ed.
cestreet
: 37

« #3 : February 27, 2010, 11:50:03 AM »

I'm sitting @ Town Meeting. Looks like it's about to wind down without fireworks. Feels good to flex those voting muscles. Clarice streets
Henry
Administrator

« #4 : February 27, 2010, 02:25:33 PM »

There were 108 Registered Fairfax Voters that attended today's Town Meeting.  Only 22 non officials attended this afternoon's School Session.

John Schraven was the only nomination for Town Moderator and was thus appointed by our Selectboard to be the Moderator.  John did a great job with Mr. Gilbert backing him up for decisions.

Sharon Horr was thanked and applauded as she completes 32 years as Town Librarian and is retiring.

Bob Horr, Chairman of the Fairfax Selectboard presented a slide show that I posted here earlier on my forum.

$23,118 was passed for Fairfax Rescue

Article 7, the pavillion for The Rec Park received the go ahead from the voters so that Katrina can proceed and use that information to apply for more grants.  The Grants can be held over as long as we let them know what is happening with getting more money from grants to complete the project.

Carl Jones attempted to amend Article 11 to say proper business, but after some discussion and a vote, the amendment was not passed.

Someone in the School meeting mentioned that the school was attempting to get more tuition students.  I asked what percentage of the Fletcher 8th Grade Graduates went on to BFA Fairfax for High School and was told about 98%

Barbara Murphy was presented with a bouquet of flowers for stepping up to fill a vacancy on the school board.

Peggy Stewart was presented with a 12 year Service Award for being on the School Board

One thing, at least I noticed, we definitely need a better sound system so that people can be understood when they get up to speak

Oh!!  and I did pick up a dozen doughnuts had a rice krispie treat and a cup of coffee - Forgot to pay for my coffee and went back to pay, but they told me they would catch me next time - Now if I can just remember.

I am sure others will have more comments, but these are the things I jotted down

Henry Raymond
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #5 : February 27, 2010, 02:47:10 PM »

That's a pretty succinct summary, Henry.  Thank you.  I agree; either the sound system needs to be fixed, or  folks need to be more conscious of using  the microphones. It was hard to hear some people.
special ED

« #6 : February 27, 2010, 03:55:55 PM »

you have it on a saturday and still hardly anyone shows ,people are turning into sheeple,letting what ever happens happens attitude,nobody is putting up any kindof a fight ,IM GONNA put the fear of god back into my reps.they are going to do what I tell them or they are going to get out,too many of my friends and family have died fighting in foreign wars for this right and I will not let them down
Henry
Administrator

« #7 : February 27, 2010, 05:19:30 PM »

Just had a couple of donuts - delicious - Those United Church Girls sure do know how to make donuts

Henry Raymond
petefitz
: 96

« #8 : February 27, 2010, 06:43:38 PM »

The sandwiches were good, too. 

The fact that people don't attend town meeting is a vote of confidence in the administration of the town in my mind.  I think the boards did a good job of keeping expenses in line.  Unfortunately with statewide property tax rates the school board's work doesn't translate into property tax savings.

I was also struck by the fact that the vast majority of the crowd left after the town meeting, when the school budget is 80-90% of the town's spending. 

John Schraven did a great job as moderator and if he's not on the ballot on Tuesday I'll write him in. 

Peter Fitzgerald
Fairfax, VT
: [1]  
« previous next »
: