Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 09:28:01 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fairfax Voter Turnout For The Australian Ballot was 17%
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax Voter Turnout For The Australian Ballot was 17%  ( 2369 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 03, 2010, 03:48:18 PM »

Of the 2953 Registered Voters in the town of Fairfax, 500 voted on the Australian Ballot on March 2nd.

Fairfax voters joined several other county communities in approving every measure on the ballot.

The $1.96 million municipal budget was approved 357-143 while the $11.4 million school budget was approved 324-174.

Voters also approved increasing the property tax exemption for disabled veterans from $10,000 to $40,000, 373-115.

Deborah Woodward was re-elected as town clerk and treasurer. She was unopposed. Also unopposed were Peter King and Randy Devine who were both elected to the selectboard. Devine was re-elected to a three-year term while King was elected to the two-year seat vacated by Charles Swanson.

Attending the informational meeting this past Saturday, 108 Registered Voters attended.  This was 3.7% of the Registered Voter Population for the Town of Fairfax.

At the Town Meeting on Saturday voters approved $23,118 for Fairfax Rescue and $3,000 for sidewalk improvements. They also authorized the construction of a pavilion with a restroom and concession area in the Community Recreation Park.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: