Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 07:34:04 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  A Good Friday Superstition - Another Fairfield Ridge Gem
« previous next »
: [1]
: A Good Friday Superstition - Another Fairfield Ridge Gem  ( 6325 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 02, 2010, 09:03:25 AM »

I grew up hearing a lot of superstitions - My Dad's parents could neither read nor write, but had fantastic memories when it came to superstitions.  I just happened to remember one today that relates to good Friday and that is, "Do not dig in the ground on good Friday."

I was wondering if that was a superstition that was only passed down in my family.  I had never heard anyone else mention it and never knew any background on it, but, just to be safe, I never did any garden work or digging in the ground on Good Friday.  Thank God my Septic Tank never plugged up on Good Friday.

Decided I would check the Internet and see what they had and Lo & Behold, I guess my grandparents must have heard it someplace as the Internet says:

Do not dig in the ground on Good Friday.” The blood of Jesus is believed to be running through the ground on Good Friday because of the crucifixition, and you are not supposed to dig.
« : April 02, 2010, 09:05:26 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: