Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 16, 2024, 02:41:41 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  New EPA Regulation For Housing Contractors
« previous next »
: [1]
: New EPA Regulation For Housing Contractors  ( 3643 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 15, 2010, 08:02:49 AM »

We have no children living in our house, so I assume that anybody can work on it:

"The Environmental Protection Agency's new guideline requires housing contractors to be certified in lead-safe practices if they want to work on houses more than 30 years old.

The official ruling applies to work or structures built before 1978 and has children, six years or younger, present. Before 1978, most homes used lead paint. The practice is fazed out but if there is any renovations that expose lead, it can poison young children."

Henry Raymond
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : April 16, 2010, 02:29:07 AM »

The cost is passed on to the home owner as the contractor has to hire a testing company.
If anything is "HOT" then the contractor must hire an abater.

I just went through this crap with a job bid for a remodel of a building that  "MAY have contained asbestos that is friable"
I asked where the friable material started and ended.
The testing company could not TELL me as they only took two samples and they assumed it was all over. TOTAL BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The area was 12,000 sqft.
Who is scamming who?

: [1]  
« previous next »
: