Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 06:32:35 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Is Route 104 Closed Yet??
« previous next »
: [1]
: Is Route 104 Closed Yet??  ( 5950 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 07, 2010, 07:21:04 AM »

Well today's the day - Anybody been down through to see if they have closed the road yet??

Henry Raymond
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #1 : June 07, 2010, 08:13:04 AM »

The road was blocked off at 7:45am, Monday, June 7th, 2010.

The scary part was watching young children walking to school.

The tricky part I notice is cars turning down Maple Street are cutting the corner
and cars coming off Maple Street have little space approaching Main Street.

Several trucks have been given a piece of paper and turned around.
I assume it's detour information.

So far, so good.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
BCota
: 59

concrete is love -- pour it on

« #2 : June 07, 2010, 11:33:51 AM »

They'd best not waste any time getting the current span out...delivery of new bridge is Friday, June 11th!

We will be post-tensioning the deck after placement and I am trying to arrange to be the one to do it but not sure if it will work out yet...if I am able to go with the beams I will be at the site on Friday and more than willing to answer any questions that anyone may have about the beams...
« : June 07, 2010, 11:57:31 AM BCota »

you don't go reaching into a haystack for a needle if you know there's a whole lotta needles in there
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #3 : June 07, 2010, 12:40:15 PM »

Let me know if you think you will be.  I will try to get down there, with my camera.  I will let Chris Santee ask the questions, so I don't screw up the answers.

Henry Raymond
BCota

« #4 : June 07, 2010, 01:43:55 PM »

will do...probably wont know until Friday morning though...

you don't go reaching into a haystack for a needle if you know there's a whole lotta needles in there
vtmomx3
: 11

« #5 : June 08, 2010, 08:00:10 AM »

Did I miss the information stating that Maple St, with the covered bridge, is now a 2-way street during the construction? I found out the hard way Monday morning when going to BFA. Geez that was a bit scary. 
Travis
: 141

« #6 : June 08, 2010, 09:59:45 AM »

Did I miss the information stating that Maple St, with the covered bridge, is now a 2-way street during the construction? I found out the hard way Monday morning when going to BFA. Geez that was a bit scary. 

I missed the info too. I stopped and asked the Sheriff this morning, and he said that yes, it is a 2 lane street during construction.
BCota

« #7 : June 09, 2010, 07:27:23 AM »

new update on beam delivery; 3 of the 5 beam loads are going to be delivered tomorrow (Thursday, June 10th) and probably stored near the bridge and erected starting Friday morning (or possibly on Thursday if everything else is ready)...

looking unlikely that I'll be the one post-tensioning on Friday, but I will be heading home after work and stopping to see how things look probably early evening on Friday..

: [1]  
« previous next »
: