Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 10:26:27 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Marvin's Gardens is Open!
« previous next »
: [1]
: Marvin's Gardens is Open!  ( 2652 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : July 19, 2010, 01:56:17 PM »

Marvin's Gardens is open. They opened today(Monday). Squash, zucchini, beans, radishes, cucumbers, and Brossou's sweet corn. No tomatoes yet. They're not ready.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : July 19, 2010, 03:37:54 PM »

Cathy, Maryann was just asking about you the day she had the stroke - She thought it was time you opened - She loved vegetables and worked hard to get me to eat them - She would have me down there after those yellow beans, and pick up some bacon at Steeples, that's for sure.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : July 19, 2010, 08:24:05 PM »

Although for some strange reason it was very difficult for me, I took a ride around town, saw Cathy Thayer in her Garden Stand and stopped and said "Hi."

My next tough steps will be to walk into Steeple Market where I went late Friday to pick up some Lasagna for our supper.  Maryann loved Duane's Lasagna.  I had gone up to Nan's to pick her up some Tuna Macaroni Salad because to her that was the best one around and the day before had gone up to Minor's and asked Aaron to give me a half pound of assorted cold meat.  She insisted that Minor's cold meats were the best in town.  Poor Aaron, never said a word and did it for me. 

I will be back to normal soon, as I have already posted several things today, driven down to the village and I will be out and about again tomorrow.  I have three daughters that won't tolerate me sitting here in the house with the TV off.

Mike, thanks for posting the photo, it got me off my butt and out of the house.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: