Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 07:31:50 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Julien's Barn Was The Place To Go Friday Nights In The 60's In Fairfax
« previous next »
: [1]
: Julien's Barn Was The Place To Go Friday Nights In The 60's In Fairfax  ( 3626 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 29, 2010, 08:04:58 PM »

Ron Gross stopped by today to show me a photo he had of a guy that used to play at Julien's Barn Dances here in Fairfax, back in the 1960s.  Julien Gingras and his wife used to own the farm where Art & Margaret Webb live now and they used to have barn dances on Friday nights.  Ron & Theresa Gross lived on the corner of Fletcher & Swamp Road and Ron says back in those days there were no trees to hide the view of what is now The Webb Farm and they used to sit out in their back lawn and listen to the music.  Ron couldn't remember the guys name in the photo, but he did play an instrument in Joe Mayo's Band.

Ron Gross is shown with the sign

The guy above actually played in that band and still had that sign - Photo taken in Florida on Vermont Day

Henry Raymond
MikeF9
: 1994

« #1 : July 29, 2010, 09:02:46 PM »

My brother, Carl, was in a band called The Bumps and Bruises. He played drums. They used to play at the barn as well. I need to find a picture.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : July 30, 2010, 06:09:36 AM »

JoAnne Wilkins tells me that Roland Pigeon used to play over at Juliens also

Henry Raymond
bnelli6
: 22

« #3 : July 30, 2010, 07:11:50 AM »

When we first moved to Fletcher in the 60's we would go the "Barn Dances". Cleon Gillilan would do the calls for the square dances. I seem to remember Stan Driscoll playing the drums for one group. What fun times we had..Rex Gillilan teaching Frank, my city grown husband, to square dance. When he did not go the way Rex told him to, well, he just picked him up and turned him the right direction. Now that is telling stories out of school isn't it.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: