Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:29:16 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Those Maple Donuts Still Taste Goooooooooood!!
« previous next »
: [1]
: Those Maple Donuts Still Taste Goooooooooood!!  ( 3599 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 07, 2010, 07:05:52 AM »

Well, I didn't go to the fair, but Mary Kay took my two grandsons to the fair - They had a great time - The youngest one, Sammy, said they didn't have a lot of "Free Stuff" in the expo buildings this year.  Must be a sign of the times.  His big interest was Al's French Fries, plus a few other things, while Little Henry was interested in the Fried dough.

They brought us all home some Fair Food.   Mike and I shared 5 Maple Glazed Donuts - There were 6, but Little Henry carried that box and one disappeared on the way home.  They brought Lynn home a huge Cream Puff and they brought Sharon a couple of choclate eclairs.

It sounded to me like "The Fair Food" is still as good as ever.  I had forgotten that the Maple Glazed Donuts don't look like donuts.

Henry Raymond
mirjo
: 785

« #1 : September 07, 2010, 09:22:31 AM »

I don't think it gets any better than "fair food!"

Yes, it's the worst stuff you can eat for your health, but...there isn't a grape or carrot stick in the world that can hold court with fried dough from the fair! :-)

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #2 : September 07, 2010, 05:22:18 PM »

Me, well, I definitely have some of my mother in me, because I had to have a "Pig in a Blanket" from the Lions Club; ok actually I had what they call a "Big Pig" and it was YUMMY!

My second stop was the Maple Shack where I had a Maple Creemee!  I brought home some kettle corn too, but ended up sharing that with Richard, so all in all, I didn't eat TOO bad!

The best part was actually figuring out what to bring back for everyone at home!  We were definitely given hugs for our choices!  Oh and Dad that was ONE eclair that I got Sherry.  It was HUGE!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: