Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 05:21:04 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Mary Kay & Rich Work Off Their Turkey Dinner
« previous next »
: [1]
: Mary Kay & Rich Work Off Their Turkey Dinner  ( 2767 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 08, 2010, 10:18:10 AM »

After we got back from having our big Turkey Dinner at school yesterday, Mary Kay & Rich took care of the leaves in my yard.  Yup!!  Winter is on its way and it certainly was a beautiful day, if you like to rake leaves.

I am a very, very lucky guy!!  Thanks, Mary Kay & Rich:

The 13 little maples I planted in the 1980s sure do produce a lot of leaves

They now will be plowed under to decay in Bob Sweets corn field - The pumpkins, well, they are there to tempt the deer - Hopefully they will stroll up and we will be able to watch them eat them

Henry Raymond
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #1 : November 08, 2010, 01:12:20 PM »

Our pleasure Dad!  I said to Rich I wish we had this many leaves when I was little and a leaf blower, we would have had the ultimate pile to jump in for sure!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
cedarman
: 370

« #2 : November 08, 2010, 01:54:29 PM »

To temp the deer with mature pumpkins, have someone chop them in half.   They generally don't bother pumpkins after they have a hard skin.  I set my green ones on the compost pile and chop them in half with a sqare edge shovel.  within days, the pumpkin seeds are always gone.
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #3 : November 08, 2010, 02:08:21 PM »

Thanks Cedarman, I will chop them open!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: