Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 04:26:48 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  What Would Football Players Do Without Football Moms?
« previous next »
: [1]
: What Would Football Players Do Without Football Moms?  ( 3658 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 14, 2010, 09:56:12 AM »

I know that here in Fairfax the Football Moms do so much to support the team, so I am sure you will share the frustration that my daughter Lynn had when the game was over yesterday and they won the State Trophy.  Much to her dismay, they would not let her on the field down at Castleton.  She always rushed out after the game to give her "Little Henry" a hug and congratulations, as well as her husband Mike after all the games.  She also provided several meals for the 40 or so football players and this last Friday night was planning to do the same, but since second grandson Sammy also had a play going and she was attending that also at 7 p.m. they planned a Pizza party.  The power went out and the guy at the Pizza place didn't seem too nervous, but with all those hungry football players about to show up, she got a bit nervous, so they re planned and made grinders.

Needless to say, the football players got fed, she attended Sammy's play and Saturday morning they headed for Castleton.  Unfortunately, the Football Player Bus had problems and another one was sent for.  She spoke to me after the game, just a bit hoarse, but very happy.

From what I have heard about The Football Mom's, they deserve to have their photo taken with any trophy the team gets, so, BFUHS Team, Coaches and the Moms 

CONGRATULATIONS

Henry Raymond
Dick Brown
: 414

« #1 : November 14, 2010, 10:46:08 AM »

Henry      Sounds like Bellows Falls can be proud of its school, its football team , the spectators from its town, and its  "moms " !!! Congrats to all.
 I'm sure you realize that when the VPA contracts tournament sites , it must accept any local regulations regarding crowd control  ( as the VHA had to for years & years ....no overt celebrations on the floor of Patrick Gym, for instance, not even for Rice ) and I'd be willing to bet that Castleton State College
was worried more about its field's condition & could have cared less about allowing the BFUHS crowd to celebrate with their team . Too bad , but it sounds like the celebration back home in BF was well worth waiting for.
Again, it must also be nice to reflect on the fact  that the " Windsor Crowd " finally got their due , after years of obnoxious and less then humble behavior.
mirjo
: 785

« #2 : November 15, 2010, 03:38:14 PM »

Hail to FB moms everywhere and especially to those who have worked hard for years here in Fairfax, not only to get two FB teams up and running, but to keep them going and get the HS to the playoffs in a relatively short amount of time (BFA's HS team is less than 10 years old) and has only been allowed to play at the Varsity level since the 2006 season! Those kids, in my opinion, are amazing.

I gush a lot about this FB program,  because my son was one of the original "founding" team members and I was among the group of parents (headed by Karen McNall) that helped launch the 2 programs here in Fairfax. If not for Maxx then Josh (who played in Milton in early middle school) getting their friends at BFA super excited about playing FB--which prompted about 20 of them sign up for the Broncos program in 7th grade--there probably wouldn't be a Patriots youth or HS Varsity team. The parents certainly facilitated the process, but the dream never would have been realized without the enthusiasm of the kids generating it in the first place. They played FB at recess with Ben Landry's sneaker (big kid, huge foot) because they didn't have an actual football. The Yankee Ingenuity of this FB team really started there. ;-)

Castleton must have changed the rules about allowing  parents on the field. My son played on the Castleton team and it wasn't an issue to go down on the field after the game last year.

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
Kathleen
: 167

« #3 : November 16, 2010, 07:53:10 AM »

Not letting people onto the field probably had something to do with maintaining the field for the rest of the day.  Bellows Falls was the first game of three to be played Saturday on that field I believe.
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #4 : November 16, 2010, 11:59:24 AM »

I believe they had like 10 minutes on the field to do ceremony and media to take some pictures and then they had to let the next division on the field.  I am thinking it may have been a big part of it.  It would be nice if they had givien a little extra time in between teams and this probably would have not been an issue.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: