Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:32:11 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  County Maple Producers Win Energy Grants, Loans
« previous next »
: [1]
: County Maple Producers Win Energy Grants, Loans  ( 1961 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 16, 2010, 04:34:15 PM »

(Tonight's November 16, 2010 Edition of The St. Albans Messenger reported the following information on the Grants.  I believe that the East Fairfield addresses are actually in Fletcher.)

County maple producers win energy grants, loans

MONTPELIER — Ten Franklin County maple producers are among the recipients of 41 Vermont loans and grants from the USDA Rural Development Rural Energy for America Program (REAP).

"More than ever our farms and small businesses are struggling with the high costs of energy, said Molly Lambert, State Director for USDA Rural Development. "These critical energy projects will help them grow their energy independence and their production."

People's Plaza in Richford is also a recipient of a $36,000 grant and a $72,000 loan for the installation of a solar photovoltaic system.

Kane's Cow Power, LLC in Enosburg was selected for a $575,000 loan and $444,737 grant to purchase and install an anaerobic digester system to generate electricity and produce farm bedding.

The funding in Vermont totals over $4.2 million and has pulled in more than $8.2 million in private and other public investment. The 41 projects are estimated to create 68 jobs and save 92 jobs, according to USDA.

"These loans and grants will generate and save energy for Vermont's farmers and businesses for many years to come, while promoting Obama Administration efforts to transition to a renewable energy economy," said Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack.

Franklin County is the leading producer of maple syrup in Vermont. Ten maple syrup production businesses will reduce energy consumption and costs with purchase and installation of reverse osmosis systems and equipment. They are:

Lawrence Sloan Jr., East Fairfield: $12,451 grant

Howrigan Maple, Fairfield: $ 77,275 loan and $25,581 grant

Matthew McNall, Fairfax:  $5,305 grant

Daniel Branon, Fairfield:  $100,000 loan and $63,765 grant

Shad Minor, East Fairfield: $16,917 grant

Jeff  Corey, Fairfax:  $39,019 loan and $39,019 grant

Hubert Spaulding, Sheldon: $4,111 grant

Maplewood Dairy Farm, Fairfax: $23,429 grant

Randy Farrar, Richford: $19,673 grant

O. Douglas Collins/Stone Ridge Maples, Fairfax:  $8,626 grant

Eighteen maple producers in other parts of the state also received funding.  The Messenger previously ran a notice of some of the Franklin County grants.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: