Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 11:27:27 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Farewell Father Frank - Welcome Father Rome
« previous next »
: [1]
: Farewell Father Frank - Welcome Father Rome  ( 2133 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 01, 2006, 05:37:09 PM »

Hi All,

The farewell party for Father Frank and welcoming for Father Rome was held today at St. Luke's Parish Hall after the 11 a.m. Mass.  A very nice luncheon and a couple of cakes were provided for the occasion.  Don't really know who the organizers were except that Jeannette Wills and Mary Beth Redding certainly got it going.  Saw a number of different women of the parish bringing in food for a beautiful buffet.  I had two cameras going.  Father Rome gave me his camera to take some photos for him and I had my own digital camera.  At the end when I left wasn't really sure what I had for pictures as on top of everything else it was quite crowded.  I like to try and get photos of everyone, but there are also people who ask me not to take their photos, so try hard to respect their wishes.

When Father Frank leaves on October 5th, the Foothills Bakery will be loosing a good customer.  During the summer months, in late morning, whenever you drove through the center of Fairfax, you would see Father Frank sitting on the front step reading his paper and having his late breakfast.  Always meant to bring my camera and get a picture of that, but never did.  I did get one photo of him inside last November when I went down to do a little story on Amy's Cinnamon Rolls.  Click on the following link if you would like to check it out:

Father Frank arrived here in Fairfax on June 21, 2000 and was here when Maryann and I renewed our marriage vows on our 40th Wedding Anniversary on September 3rd of that year.  I am sure each of his parishioners has something special to remember him by and we all wish Father Frank the best as he journeys back to where he grew up in Brattleboro.

I have uploaded the photos I took today to my photo gallery and there are two ways you can view them.  If you want to see the slide show (if it goes too fast you can change the delay time), click on the following link:

If you would like to look at the photos individually click on Farewell Father Frank - Welcome Father Rome when you click on the following link:

Have a great day[/b]

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: