Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 12:27:20 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Peter King's Step Father Dies At Age 75
« previous next »
: [1]
: Peter King's Step Father Dies At Age 75  ( 2130 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 16, 2011, 07:21:12 AM »

JOSEPH F. SMYRSKI

WILLISTON - Joseph F. Smyrski, 75, passed away on Sunday, March 13, 2011, in VT Respite House after a short illness, with his family near. He was born in Rutland on Sept. 20, 1935, the son of Frank and Helen (Sapanski) Smyrski. He attended Mount Saint Joseph High School in Rutland from 1949 to 1953. He graduated top of his class which gave him the honor of representing his school at Boys State. His classmates fondly nicknamed him "Red". Upon graduation a classmate wrote in his yearbook, "Knowing him was enough. Liking him was even better!" Joe continued his religious education at the Monastery of the Precious Blood in New Hampshire. On April 13, 1973 he married his soulmate the late Theresa M. Martin. Together they spent the next 28 years having fun and enjoying life, loving their five children and adoring their nine grandchildren. He was employed at the Chittenden County Department of Corrections for 26 years and retired in October of 1999. Joe would often be seen on his morning walk, working in his garden, or driving his red pickup truck. He founded the recycling project in the Williston Woods Park where he resided. Joe loved golfing with his friends and he always looked forward to baseball season and was a dedicated Red Sox fan. His surviving family includes his five stepchildren, Peter King and his wife Carol of Fairfax, Timothy King and his wife Margaret of Williston, Mary Ellen McGrail of Rockland, Mass., Michael King and his wife Linda of Orwell, and Paul King of Leominster, Mass.; nine grandchildren; and one great-grandchild. There will be a private service with immediate family only. In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be sent to, American Cancer Society , 55 Day Ln., Williston, VT 05495. Arrangements by ElmwoodMeunier Funeral Home, Burlington.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: