Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 08:17:41 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Additional Information On Minors Store Robbery By Rick Burnham - Messenger
« previous next »
: [1]
: Additional Information On Minors Store Robbery By Rick Burnham - Messenger  ( 2525 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 07, 2006, 05:03:05 PM »

"Gunman hits Fairfax store
Surveillance camera captures images
By RICK BURNHAM - Messenger Staff Writer

FAIRFAX   -   The   Franklin County  Sheriff's  Office  is investigating the armed robbery of a Fairfax store late Monday. Witnesses said a person they
were unable to determine whether it was a man or a woman - wearing dark clothing - entered the store at approximately 8:35 p.m. and pointed a handgun at the clerk, demanding all the money in the cash register, said Jeff Minor, owner of the store.

"The person said 'Give me the money in the register,'" said Minor, who added that there were four employees in the store at the time, along with several customers. "There were two clerks behind the counter, and they did what the intruder told them to do. The whole incident was over in about 40 seconds," said the storeowner.

The storeowner said an undetermined amount of cash was taken.

Minor said the robber was white, probably male, and around 5'8" with a "slight build." The person was wearing dark colored jeans, black athletic shoes, a white "South Pole" t-shirt and a dark "hoodie." The person also wore sunglasses and a camouflaged bandana around the face.

The suspect apparently left the establishment on foot, walking north on Route 104 toward Sand Hill Road. Minor said it was unclear where the person went from there, or whether he or she continued on foot after that point.

Minor said steel bars were put on the store windows and doors about five or six years ago as a result of a rash of break-ins. None have occurred since, he added.

Another security installation included a video surveillance camera, which Minor said captured images of the robber. Police have that video.

Anyone   with   information about Monday's robbery should call the Franklin County Sheriff's Office at 524-2121. Efforts to reach investigating officers were unsuccessful as of press time late this morning."

Other information regarding the robbery has been heard from witnesses, but unsubstantiated, so have only written what the St. Albans Messenger has published.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: