Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 10:15:47 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Moose Reported Seen In North Fairfax This Morning around 10:45
« previous next »
: [1]
: Moose Reported Seen In North Fairfax This Morning around 10:45  ( 2160 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 12, 2006, 06:38:28 PM »

I received the following note from a North Fairfax Resident:

Hi Henry.

My wife and I saw a moose this morning crossing route 104. It was at about 10:45 this morning. We were on our way to breakfast and saw some cars slowing down just north of Joyal Fuels. Then we saw the moose on the west side of 104. It had no antlers. We didn't know what it was at first it looked like a cow on stilts. It was the first moose we'd ever seen in real life. Quite a sight. It crossed the road just north of Flight Line Road.

We turned onto Flight Line and slowly drove up.  It kept walking parallel with that road in the field north of it, and we drove along with it. It had kind of a gray-white face and muzzle. I think it may have been limping because of some old injury or other problem with one of its hind legs. It looked like one of the joints was swollen and had a big bump on it almost the size of the joint itself below it. We kept driving until we were further east than the moose so we could turn around and leave it alone.

When we drove back the moose had disappeared, into the woods there probably.

Thought you might be interested.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: