Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:27:48 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Peter Parkash, Owner Of Nan's Mobil Interviewed On Channel 3
« previous next »
: [1]
: Peter Parkash, Owner Of Nan's Mobil Interviewed On Channel 3  ( 2128 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 14, 2006, 10:42:00 PM »

In a video on tonight's Channel 3 News Peter Parkash was interviewed -- Below is a summary of Darren Perron's report from The Channel 3 News Web Site at:

Rash of Armed Robberies

Fairfax, Vermont - November 11, 2006

A rash of armed robberies in Franklin County has led to a multi-agency investigation.

Police are trying to determine if the same gunmen are responsible for the stick-ups and if they're responsible for other robberies outside of Franklin County.

It's now business as usual at Nan's Mobile in Fairfax after a frightening encounter the night before.

"They just said give me the money! Give me the money!" said Peter Parkash, the owner of Nan's Mobile.

As Parkash closed his store for the night, two young men entered. One of them was pointing a gun and both were wearing bandanas around their faces.

Parkash gave the robbers money from the register and never put up a fight.

Partly because his 11 year-old son was hiding in the deli watching his father being held at gun point.

"He was a little scared but he's very brave. Luckily, he was over there," Parkash said pointing to the deli.

A night of armed robberies did not end at the store. Less than an hour later, Blockbuster in St. Albans Town was hit.

A lone robber entered the movie rental store armed with a gun. The incident left customers inside frightened, but the man did not get any money.

Thirteen minutes later, a Chinese food restaurant in St. Albans became a target. Eastern Dragon is just down the road from Blockbuster.

Again, an armed man entered the restaurant demanding cash.

The only employee in sight ran out the front door and hid behind a car on Main Street. The robber then took off.

"No one was injured and no money was taken," said Sgt. Leonard Stell of the St. Albans Police Dept.

Police are investigating whether all three robberies are connected. Authorities say there are similarities including descriptions of the suspects.

"We will work to the best of our abilities with the Franklin County Sheriff's Department and Vermont State Police to assist them and them assisting us to bring a resolution to all three of these," said Sgt. Stell.

Add to that last week's robbery at Minor's Country Store in Fairfax.

State Police say they cannot rule out that the gunman caught on tape there may also be involved in the more recent robberies.

Channel 3 News has also learned that authorities are looking at whether these robberies are connected to other robberies outside of Franklin County.

All of the agencies investigating plan to meet on Wednesday to share information.

Darren Perron - Channel 3 News[/b]
« : November 14, 2006, 10:44:57 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: