Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 08:20:06 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Temperature Dipped To -3.5 Below Zero
« previous next »
: [1]
: Temperature Dipped To -3.5 Below Zero  ( 1602 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 18, 2011, 07:58:28 AM »

Well, the snow did not melt last night as it was a clear, cold night.  It would be nice though if the snow stayed until at least after Christmas.  I got my Christmas wrapping done last night and had a few memories pop into my head that went back to 1983 when my oldest daughter announced her engagement and our new son-in-law spent his first Christmas with us.  I had photos of my mother-in-law, Kay Hoben, my mother, Mary Raymond, my sister, Agnes Raymond, my brother-in-law, Larry Hoben, and my wife, Maryann Raymond, all deceased since that time.  It was good to look at the photos in my album and remember the Happy Times we had, so I decided I would share them with my family on Facebook - Its always good to reminisce a bit at the Holidays when we all get together, although the crowd is much smaller now, I am very blessed.

For many of you, if you haven't done it, try to capture this Christmas with your families, while they are all still with you - You will be so grateful for that in future years.

A friend of mine stopped by yesterday to drop off some Christmas Goodies (Fresh homemade doughnuts & maple cream), but I happened to be in the shower when she came.  She was quite concerned because I had not picked up Friday's Free Press or the Messengers and when I didn't answer the door was about to go over to my daughter's next door.  I have her phone number and address on my door in case someone wants to get in in case of an emergency.  She was relieved to know that I was fine.  Good however when someone notices something like that, they check it out.

Enjoy the brisk, sunny Vermont Day!!

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: