Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 11:13:33 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Gasoline Prices Up 24 Cents A Gallon Since My Last Fill-Up
« previous next »
: [1]
: Gasoline Prices Up 24 Cents A Gallon Since My Last Fill-Up  ( 4281 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 06, 2012, 03:37:39 PM »

On December 19, 2011 I filled up with gas for $2.259 at Maplefields in Essex - I noticed today the Gas Stations in town have a price of $2.499 - Must be a good reason??

Henry Raymond
Dick Brown
: 414

« #1 : January 06, 2012, 06:11:00 PM »

Henry              Down here the word is that speculators are using the statements out of Iran to create a false future shortage of gasoline ....Of course , when the price of a barrel of oil dropped  several weeks ago , we were told that the price wouldn't drop until the cheaper oil hit the market ....Just the reverse now , and still no attempts from the Energy Czar to ward off this obvious collusion .   $ 3.49 today in Punta Gorda .
David Shea
: 471

« #2 : January 06, 2012, 09:59:29 PM »

The reason for the increase in fuel prices is that the US government had been paying a .45 per gallon ethanol subsidy.  Effective January 1st the subsidy payment for ethanol ended.  The irony is that the US government still requires the fuel companies to add 10% ethanol to US fuels, the result is that the consumer now has to make up the difference.

More about the topic can be read here: http://www.vermonttiger.com/content/2012/01/good-news-for-the-new-year.html#comments
Dick Brown
: 414

« #3 : January 07, 2012, 07:23:40 AM »

Henry                        Gasbuddy.com is quoted in today's paper as saying that the Iran threats are are not believed by anyone but they allow justification for a price increase , which along with the projected manipulation of the Euro vs the Dollar and global demand feeds another reason for speculators to cause prices to rise drastically ..............  When traveling Interstates , I drive about 65 mph as opposed to 75 , which obviously takes longer but really makes a difference in mileage costs , but then , time has less meaning for an old curmudgeons like us then for others .   
sdogallen
: 51

« #4 : January 07, 2012, 08:27:48 AM »

I called my heating oil company this week and asked if that was golng up also and guess what...it is! Anyways I asked if they could top off our tank, they did and we actually paid 6 cents less than what we paid a month ago. Hate to see what the price will be a month from now.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: