Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:19:42 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The Grass Is Greening Up & Birds Smell Spring
« previous next »
: [1]
: The Grass Is Greening Up & Birds Smell Spring  ( 3131 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 17, 2012, 09:08:15 AM »

All my life I have been led to believe that seeing a Robin was a sign of spring.  Along with that, there was an old superstition that when one saw that first robin, they should take off one of their shoes and check to see if there was a hair in there.  Whatever color the hair was, it would mean that your future spouse would have that color hair.

Well, I along with a lot of other people have seen lots of robins this spring and channel 5 also verified that along with JoAnne Wilkins who sends me many photos of wild life around Fairfax.

I have quite a bit of my lawn that is bare this morning, even though it is February and not only that, the grass is actually turning green under the snow that is melting.

So far this winter, I have only had my driveway plowed twice - One of the winters that has had the least snowfall in a number of years.  Haven't seen any records on how we stack up for cold weather, but it does seem that it has been on the cold side.  Most any old Vermonter will tell you though, that it always seems colder when there is little or no snow on the ground.

Looks like there will be quite a few snow machines put up this spring that have shown little or no use this winter.

Henry Raymond
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #1 : February 17, 2012, 02:12:15 PM »

this post is useless without a photograph {thats pic for you younger people}
: [1]  
« previous next »
: