Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 05:23:30 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Today Is Our Last Full Day Of Summer - September 21, 2012
« previous next »
: [1]
: Today Is Our Last Full Day Of Summer - September 21, 2012  ( 3409 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 21, 2012, 07:12:14 AM »

Here it is . . . the last full day of summer!  Fall arrives on Saturday at 10:49 AM.  Went to the Chicken Pie Supper up in Binghamville last night - God!! I wish I knew how to make Chicken Gravy the way they do.  There must be some secret to it.  It was all you can eat with squash, cabbage salad, cranberry jelly and all kinds of pies.  Needless to say, I came home having eaten far too much.

Henry Raymond
lena6
: 357

« #1 : September 21, 2012, 07:41:57 AM »

Went up last night also.  Of course we came home over full.  Everything was just wonderful.  Next Thurday night is a supper at fletcher school.  Gotta love these fall suppers.  When someone else cooks it, it always taste better.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : September 21, 2012, 07:53:00 AM »

I believe that is the Lasagna Supper and the young kids do the serving - I have been up there for several years now.  Although I don't know any of the young people, they have always done a great job.

Henry Raymond
fletchtb
: 310

« #3 : September 21, 2012, 08:10:13 AM »

I too can be counted as a satisfied customer at last night's chicken pie supper! Everything was delicious!

The lasagna supper is an annual fundraiser for the 6th grade class trip. If I remember correctly the menu includes Lasagna, salad, bread, and usually strawberry shortcake for desert. My family and I always enjoy that meal.

Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #4 : September 21, 2012, 09:02:58 AM »

..and next Saturday the United Church has there Chicken Pie Supper, and that is another great meal!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: