Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 03:53:42 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  Announcements
| | |-+  Storage Crop Order Form At Riverberry Farm
« previous next »
: [1]
: Storage Crop Order Form At Riverberry Farm  ( 2857 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 26, 2012, 08:00:08 AM »

Hi,

Hope you're enjoying this beautiful start into fall!

It's time for the annual River Berry Farm Storage Crop Order Form.  Please find it attached and especially note the earlier deadline for submitting, October 15th!  I know, early this year.  We do really need to know the orders by then so we don't sell the product to other places.  The pick-up will be the usual, the first Saturday in November. noon - 4 p.m.

For those of you not familiar with the storage crop order, it's a great way to get whole cases of food at wholesale prices, as long as you have some good cold storage space, that is dry, dark and cool (above freezing, but not much hotter than 45-50 degrees for most items except squash, which can handle it a little warmer).  It is also a great way for CSA Members to use up credit, if you still have some.   You can print out the order and mail it back with your check or last four digits of your CSA card, or drop the form off at the stand and pay with cash, check, charge of CSA card swipe.  We will also have the form on the web-site, riverberryfarm.com.

Meanwhile, in the stand we still have pick-your-own raspberries which will keep going until hard frost, corn, lettuce, peppers (piles of these), eggplant, cabbage, squash, potatoes, onions, pumpkins, kale, beets. carrots and tomatoes.

The stand closes for the season at dusk on Halloween.  A reminder to CSA members, please use up your credit by stand-closing time.  Your credit does not carry-over to the next year unless you join and pay the full membership fee next year. 

As always, we so appreciate your support!!
Jane, David and the crew at
River Berry Farm

p.s.  To all you egg-lovers.  We so apologize that we simply have not had much for eggs this year.  The wildlife corridor along the river is apparently too much for us to manage a smaller flock.  We used to have some 400 layers and sort of didn't notice how much the flock was dwindling through the year.  This year we had decided, given the tiny profit, well, really no-profit margin, for organic eggs, that we would have just enough layers for stocking the farm stand, 75 layers.  Well, within the first month, we were down to 20 layers.  So...we will likely give up on the idea of rebuilding the flock...  just too hard to wildlife-proof our barn and pasture area.  So sorry!  I know, I miss them too!

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : September 30, 2012, 05:37:12 PM »

Hi,

My apologies to those of you whom tried to print the previous attachment of the Storage Crop Form only to find it microscopic. Hopefully this pdf file will print a little better.

Thanks, Jane at River Berry Farm

http://www.vtgrandpa.com/newsclips/Storage%20Crops%20Order%20Form.pdf

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: