Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 09:20:48 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  One Being Received Into The Church, Two Being Confirmed At St. Luke
« previous next »
: [1]
: One Being Received Into The Church, Two Being Confirmed At St. Luke  ( 2103 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 07, 2007, 12:44:24 PM »

Hi All,

Tonight's Easter Vigil at St. Luke's Church here in Fairfax starts with the Service Of Light:
There will be a Blessing of the Fire and lighting of the Easter Candle:

There will be a Procession with the Easter candle & lighting of peoples' candles:

At the end of the procession, the Easter candle will be placed in the large candle holder below:

Then there will be the Blessing of the Holy Water:

After the Blessing of the Holy Water, the community will celebrate with one individual who will be received into Full Communion into the Catholic Church receiving her First Communion and along with another individual will receive the Sacrament of Confirmation.

After which The Liturgy of the Eucharist will occur at the altar below which is adorned with appropriate Easter Flowers:

Happy Easter To All Of You
« : April 07, 2007, 12:51:05 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: