Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:11:39 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  A Really Important Vote On November 6th -
« previous next »
: [1]
: A Really Important Vote On November 6th -  ( 1476 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 27, 2012, 11:28:40 AM »

Hi Henry,

Would you be so kind as to post this email and a link to the attachment under your Current News and Events Forum?

The attached flyer will be in stores around Town next week, as well as in the Fairfax News, which will also be available early next week.  We are also sending postcards out next week to every mailbox in town.  This is a really important vote on November 6th, asking you to approve a new Town Office. 

If the vote is defeated we have no good options, only expensive ones which involve either:

a.    spending $335,000. to fix up a building that does not meet our needs, just so it meets fire code.  This option involves temporary quarters for several months (included in the $335,000. estimate), or

b.   tearing down the current building and rebuilding on the same spot, a two story building with an elevator, limited parking, no space to expand in the future, and a proposed 30 year lease, after which we could be looking for a new home again.  This option would involve several months of temporary quarters while old building is torn down and the new one built.  This bad option costs more than a new office in a different location, or

c.   Relocate to a temporary location, in trailers, until a new location and building is approved.  The time and expense in a temporary location is money thrown away.

As a member of the Town Office Committee, and a person who has worked in the current Town Office for almost ten years, I urge you to consider our options and vote for the new Town Office.  If the proposal is defeated we are left with only bad options, each of which will cost the taxpayers more money that the proposed new Town Office.

Thanks,  Skip Taylor

Please click on the insert below:

http://www.vtgrandpa.com/fxtown/Corrected attachment.pdf
« : October 27, 2012, 06:00:39 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: