Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:30:05 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Robert Gillin Dies At Age 82
« previous next »
: [1]
: Robert Gillin Dies At Age 82  ( 2169 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 22, 2013, 08:36:31 AM »

ROBERT A. GILLIN

ST. ALBANS - Robert A. Gillin, 82, of Hernando, Fla., died Feb. 16, 2013.

He is survived by four daughters: Sister Mary Elizabeth, M.I.C.M., of St. Benedict Center in Still River, Mass.; Margaret Bonczkiewicz of Dolgeville, N.Y.; Kathleen Johnson of Merrimack, N.H.; Eileen Hanlon of Corinna, Maine. He leaves his sister, Mary Ellen of Lecanto, Fla.; his grandchildren: Jessica Hust, Chascity and Chrissy Bonczkiewicz, Shanda Johnson, David and Caitlin Hanlon; great-grandchildren: Christopher and Jonathan Griffith, Isaiah Johnson and Kearra Bellerose. He was pre-deceased by his first wife, Patricia (Wills) Gillin, second wife, Virginia (Hoyt) Gillin, and his brother Francis Gillin.

Robert was born in St. Albans to the late Henry and Irene (Sault) Gillin. He was a student athlete and enthusiastic member of basketball and baseball teams throughout his high school and college careers while studying at Bellows Free Academy in Fairfax, Vermont Junior College and Tri State College in Indiana. Robert began his prestigious 20-year career of service in the United States Navy while training at the Naval Cadet Flight Program in Pensacola, Fla. He then proudly served as a naval aviator before retiring from active duty as an aviation instructor and continuing with the Naval Reserves. His most cherished time was spent with his family and all who had the pleasure to have known him will dearly miss him.

A Funeral Mass will be held at 10 a.m. on Saturday, Feb. 23, 2013 at Immaculate Heart of Mary Chapel-282 Still River Rd., Still River, MA. Burial will follow in Bellevue Cemetery, Harvard, MA. Calling hours will be held from 4 until 8 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 22, 2013 in the Philbin-Comeau Funeral Home, 176 Water St., Clinton, Mass. In lieu of flowers, an offering may be made to St. Benedict Center-The Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, P.O. Box 1000, Still River, MA, 01467, where Robert was a third order member. Online condolences may be placed at www.philbincomeaufh.com.
« : February 22, 2013, 03:31:04 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: