Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 02:36:17 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Two $25 Green Up Certificates Go Unclaimed
« previous next »
: [1]
: Two $25 Green Up Certificates Go Unclaimed  ( 1967 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 05, 2007, 10:58:42 AM »

Hi All,

Got a few photos of the adults participating in Green Up Day this morning.  Four people were working on the Fletcher Road.  Al Told me that the Filberti Family does the Buck Hollow Road and I might catch them, but all I found was a bunch of filled Green-Up bags along the Buck Hollow Road, so they must have been out bright and early.  I did however catch Frank & Jill Wells from Village View, but Frank informed me that all the good trash had been picked up.  Took the opportunity to have a good visit with them as I had never personally met them.  Jill, you may remember had sent me some photos of John Simons out in the field below them this past winter creating his snow designs with snow shoes.  Took a ride down river road where Al said the Boy Scouts took care of Green Up, but didn't see anyone and came back up through Shepardson Hollow, again nothing.  Al tells me that Don Pigeon usually picks up about three truck loads which is a lot of stuff to pick up on our Fairfax Roads as the State does Route 104.  Families have taken on the responsibility of Nichols Road, Carrol Hill Road and probably a few other Roads that Al told me about, which since I didn't write it down, have forgotten.

In regards to the $25 Green Up Certificates, an annonymous donor gives three of these certificates and they are placed along the roads and anyone who finds them can cash them in.  One was found last Thursday, but there are still two out there somewhere and Al is not privy to where they are since he sets up the routes.  If not found, Al said that he thinks thinks the certificates expire in a couple of weeks.  Hopefully someone has or will find them.

Below are my Green-Up pictures taken this morning:

Left to Right:  Dave McGown, who also by the way mows our Fairfax Historical Lawn, Al Daniels, Sheilla McKay and Tom Pfeiffer headed off for the Fletcher Road

Al Daniels picks up trash up by the Fanton Road

Dave McGown picks up near Gilbert Paquin's Sugar Woods

Sheilla McKay up in the hill past Claude Rainville's place

And Tom Pfeiffer found plenty of trash in the area just outside the village

Many thanks to all who participated in this 37 year old Green Up Day.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: